In 1039 Longino d’Azone, a gentleman of Offida of Frank or German origin (according to O. Arduini and A. Marchionni), gave most of his properties to the Abbey of Farfa. These properties extended for 40.000 modius (an ancient square measure) and, according to the "Register of Farfa" (a document summary attesting the donation), included the lands that extended from the Tronto to the Aso rivers, and from Mount Polesio (Mount Ascensione) to the Adriatic sea.
Both emperors Henry III (1017-1056) in 1049 and Henry IV (1050-1106) in 1084 as well as pope Leone IX (1002-1054) in 1051, attested the properties of the Farfa monks producing special diplomas and bulls.
Offida surrounded by the walls, the town-hall Palace and the setting up of a marked area (designed by architect G. Lunerti)
After abbot Abbone's death (1099), monk Berardo (or Beraldo), count Ascanio’s child that ruled the Provostry (a Farfa office) of Offida, brought significant changes improving the economic conditions of the Offida territory and in 1118 was acknowledged as the monastery owner by emperor Henry V (1081-1125) as well as by pope Innocenzo III (1160-1216) in 1198.