The laboratory of the Offida sculptor Aldo SERGIACOMI (1912-1994), enlarged with other adjoining rooms for a total of nine, has been recently restored by Mrs Licia Antimiani, the sculptor’s widow, and transformed into a museum.
... (it continues in details)
Museum internal detail
The laboratory of the Offida sculptor Aldo SERGIACOMI (1912-1994), enlarged with other adjoining rooms for a total of nine halls, has been recently restored by Mrs Licia Antimaini, the sculptor’s widow, and transformed into a museum.
Sergiacomi, who attended the Offida school of art applied drawing run by professor Leoni, improved his skills as a sculptor at the Art School in Via S. Giacomo in Rome, where he was also pupil of Angelo ZANELLI, sculptor of the magnificent frieze in the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier whose style Sergiacomi always remained faithful to
Inside the museum there is not a precise order of the objects. Every room, just like a small gallery, contains the preparatory/preliminary drawings, plaster figures, terracottas, bronzes and pictures of the marble works the artist made for the cities of Teramo, Loreto, Fermo, Ascoli Piceno and Offida.
Several albums contain the patiently gathered and ordered newspaper cuttings, letters, drawings which testify the sculptor’s entire activity/work from the 1950s to his death and the existence of the museum from 1996 on.
Monument to the Lace-Makers created by the sculptor in 1983 and located just outside the town walls, on the right a detail of the monument
Museum opening time
Opening on request
Telephone: +39 338.4240410